Emails are often used to store sensitive information like files and passwords. Hackers target emails to access or override exchange accounts to withdraw funds and steal digital assets.
Centralized email service providers are often targeted by hackers to harvest this valuable information. There are email service providers that may be safer than others.
Here are our best tips.
List of Dos:
- Do use 'open source' email services
- Do use decentralized server email services
- Do use emails with proven trusted history
- Do use strong passwords
- Do use emails with 2FA
List of Do-Nots:
- Do NOT share account or credentials
- Do NOT use centralized email servers if possible
Consider with research ProtonMail, Tutanota, HushMail
Return to other account security tips: How do I Protect my Account?